Cool Tool Review Post!
The main objective is to publish your 11th post on your websites today, but all of these things should be done by the end of the period:
- Preview this week and next (end of first trimester!)
- Publish your 11th post (directions below)
- Check to make sure that your posts for SAT Vocabulary Words # 1, 2 and 3 are published
- Schedule your one-on-one meeting with me tomorrow or Thursday (some of you have field trips on one of these days, which is fine; just pick the other!)
- Show me your post planning sheet for homework credit
- Start thinking about your topic for the final project for this unit; it will be a post that uses a digital tool to present information and share your view on a certain subject, and if you want honors credit, it will include a TED Talk of your own next Tuesday!
Preview of this week and next:
- Monday: Last TED Talk and Socratic Seminar
- Tuesday: Cool Tool Review in the library
- Wednesday: Establish a topic for your post and/or TED Talk (for honors), decide on a presentation tool, and begin collecting research in the library, while we do the first half of one-on-one meetings
- Thursday: Draft your post/speech while we do the second half of one-on-one meetings (Note: you will need to use at least five SAT words from the 48 we studied in the past four weeks)
- Friday: Practice your speech and/or review your script in small groups
- Next Monday: Create your presentation tool in the library
- Next Tuesday: Present!
- Note: Next Wednesday is the last day of the trimester!
Follow the directions below to create your 11th post:
- Go to your WordPress website.
- Choose “New Post.”
- Title your new post “Cool Tool Review”.
- In the box below the title, copy and paste the headers and sentence starters and fill them in.
In the past four weeks, we’ve learned about and used different digital tools for our digital literacy unit: Flipgrid, Canva, Animoto and text-to-speech avatars. Here is a brief description of what each program is and how it can be used:
Out of these four, the tool I chose to review is
Some of the benefits of this tool include
Some of the limitations of this tool include
In the future, I might use this tool to
For the final project in our digital literacy unit, I am going to use this tool to present information and share my view on the topic:
Ideas I have for doing this include
- Choose an image to accompany your post. This might be an image of the tool you chose, or something that has to do with the topic you are going to present on.
- Click on “Add Media.”
- Click on “Upload files.”
- Choose your picture(s).
- Click on “Insert into post.”
- Click on “Preview” to check out how awesome it all looks.
- Make any changes you may want to make.
- Click “Publish.”
- If you finish early, you can always feel free to help out a neighbor.
One-on-one meeting sign-ups: