Guess what today is?
Today you will:
- Get your SAT Vocabulary Quiz #3 back.
- Watch the Doug Rushkoff video on Present Shock that we didn’t have time to watch on Friday!
- Share out main points and takeaways from video.
- Watch TED Talk by Sherry Turkle, “Alone But Connected.”
- Follow along with the TED Talk using a printed out transcript and highlight meaningful parts.
- Respond to questions about the Doug Rushkoff video and TED Talk, including text-to-text, text-to-self, or text-to-world connections.
- Complete the SAT Vocabulary Word #4 Planning Sheet.
- Check out the avatars you’ll use to teach each other your SAT Vocabulary Word #4 on Wednesday.
- HW: Half of you will read Nicholas Carr’s 2008 Atlantic Monthly piece, “Is Google Making Us Stupid?” and the other half will read Jamais Cascio’s 2009 Atlantic Monthly piece, “Get Smarter.” Be prepared to share 1-2 passages that you found most important, using a sharing protocol, on Thursday.
Doug Rushkoff Video:<p><a href=”http://vimeo.com/91720717″>Present Shock</a> from <a href=”http://vimeo.com/darkrye”>Dark Rye</a> on <a href=”https://vimeo.com”>Vimeo</a>.</p>
Alone But Connected:
Here is one example of a text-to-speech avatar tool you may use to teach your SAT Vocabulary Word #4 to the class.